Supporting families in Australia for over 14 years with results
“Demand the Original”… Expect The Best!
Classes are available in the Rockingham area or in your home
Are you scared or nervous about birth? Have you heard negative frightening birth stories or have had a negative birth experience? Are you looking for an alternative and education?
Then HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method is for you!
What is HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method?
HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method is a complete, simple but proven childbirth education programme. HypnoBirthing® is taught in 5 sessions of 2 1/2 hours. Each session educates, empowers, informs and teaches specific relaxation, visualizations and breathing techniques to you and your birth companion. It prepares you in mind and body for a joyful, gentle, comfortable birth experience whether you have chosen to birth in a hospital, a birthing center, or at home.
When choosing an antenatal class for the birth of your baby, you want to be sure that you are getting the very best in education and preparation. The HypnoBirthing International (Mongan Method) program here in Australia offers a professional and comprehensive program that meets Australian Educational Standards and continually adapts to reflect the Australian Maternity Models of Care. Read more about the 10 Reasons Why HypnoBirthing International is the Best here.
What’s happens if special circumstances arise during my birth?
Hypnobirthing can still be of help to you because it educates you and prepares you to ask questions. Furthermore it teaches you techniques to remain calm and confident. Hence you can make informed choices and still feel in control.
The set of 5 HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method Classes helps you achieve this calm, safe and satisfying birth for yourself, your partner and your baby
Not sure about Hypnosis and what it has to do with HypnoBirthing? Read more here
To watch some amazing Births in Australia on Youtube, click here
- calm and more comfortable, greatly reducing and often eliminating the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- prepared with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for yourself and your baby
- positive about your upcoming birth
- empowered and confident in the innate ability of your body to birth your baby
- having a shorter labour
- supported by a confident birthing companion who knows how to help you and is not just an helpless onlooker
- experiencing more energy after the birth to enjoy those first precious moments with your baby
- having a Baby which tends to be calmer, feed better and sleep better
The benefits of HypnoBirthing® are:
- 77% of HypnoBirthing® mothers who birthed vaginally did so without epidural anesthesia
- 45% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed in under eight hours.
- 17% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed via C-section, compared with the national average of 32%.
- 5% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in the comfort of their homes (national average is less than 1%)
- 6% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in freestanding birth centres (national average is less than 1%)
Data provided by HypnoBirthing® Institute, between 2005-2010
HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method prepares, educates and teaches you to relax, let go and allow your body to birth your baby in a gentle, safe and joyful manner. You are aware and fully in control during your labour and birth, but profoundly relaxed.
Watch another amazing HypnoBirthing birth here
HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method is taught in 5 sessions of 2 ½ hours to you and your birth companion. You learn everything you need to feel confident and prepared to create an amazing birth experience.
The five-week course includes a textbook, 4 relaxation tracks on CD or download card, hand-outs, follow up contact.
What do we cover
- an understanding of the mind body connection
- what happens in the body during labour and birth
- how to work with your body and not against it
- breathing techniques for the different stages of labour and birth
- techniques to bring about a deeper level of relaxation
- visualizations to make birthing easier
- how to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication all together
- methods to bring about a natural start to labour
- what to expect during the last few weeks, at the onset and during labour
- your body’s natural birthing physiology
- releasing anxieties, limiting beliefs or fears surrounding birth, empowering you to feel confident
- how the birth companion can support you during your birth; and feel confident doing so
- watching births showing laboring mothers, awake, alert and calm as they experience the kind of gentle birth that you, too, can know.
- Discuss your birth preferences
- And much more
I teach mainly private classes, the dates and times are arranged according to everyone’s availability. I work in the evenings and on the weekends and are flexible with the dates and times.
Read what a couple had to say:
...Thanks very much for all the help with HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method. I would definitely recommend it to other people having a baby as it really helped us achieve a calm and wonderful birth . The midwives at King Edward were really impressed with the way that we handled the birth and most of all how at peace I seemed despite being in advanced labour.”
For more information, you can also visit HypnoBirthing-Mongan Method in Australia: https://hypnobirthinginternational.com.au
Or the original website in the USA: www.hypnobirthing.com
To book or for more information, call 0417 948 269 or email me
An australian research study into birth outcomes using HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method was conducted in 2012
Study background and aim:
A survey was carried out to investigate how Australian participants attending the HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method programme between 2007 and 2010 compared to other studies, where only hypnosis was used during childbirth.
The average length for both stages of labour was shorter in the HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method group compared to general population figures.
Caesarean section rates were lower, as was the use of gas and epidurals.
51% of participants did not use any pain medication at all and the overall discomfort level for labour and birth was 5.8 out of 10 with 32% of the participants scoring under 5.8, including two participants who recorded zero discomfort.
Women attending the HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method programme demonstrated similar results to those found in other research in hypnosis for childbirth. However, most importantly the findings also demonstrated some added benefits of HypnoBirthing®™.
The majority of women reported feeling more confident, relaxed, less fearful, focused, and more in control. They also commented on the ease and comfort of labour and birth and the satisfaction of having their partners involved and supportive. The partners found that the HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method sessions provided them with confidence and useful strategies on how to work together as a couple, enabling them to be more involved in the birthing experience.
Some women stated that:
The HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method programme made them feel more connected and in tune with their body and furthermore the understanding about the mind-body connection helped on a physical, emotional and spiritual level.
While others found that practising self-hypnosis and the breathing techniques beforehand made them feel more confident and prepared. Some women used the techniques they had learnt even though their births took a different path. In addition others said that they were using self-hypnosis in other areas of their lives—especially when they were experiencing stress.
The majority said that they would do HypnoBirthing®-Mongan Method again and would highly recommend it to other expectant mothers.
[Study published in British Journal of Midwifery • August 2012 • Vol 20, No 8]
[Full paper available here HypnoBirthing-Outcomes_Australia-2012